Image via ExpeditusMedia.comFirefox is one among the most preferred browser for many. Apart from its speed, and robust security features, one of the main reasons that Firefox rules over its competitors is the rich number of add-ons that provides solutions to the different types of Internet users.
For bloggers, Firefox offers a variety of add-ons that could make blogging much easier and more convenient. We bring you some of the top firefox add-ons that can really change the way you blog.
1. ScribeFire - is a full-featured blog editor that integrates with your browser. ScribeFire enables you to drag & drop preformatted text directly from the page your are browsing, upload images, and also post to multiple blogs. It also allows you to edit your existing blog posts and work on multiple posts with its tabbed editing feature.
2. Deepest Sender - This add-on enables you to post to blogs directly from your Firefox browser. It is primarily a LiveJournal client, but supports Blogger and WordPress too. With Deepest Sender, you can post tags, userpics, moods, location, and even music. Some of it's additional features include support for editing old posts, spell check, switching between multiple accounts, and also a WYSIWYG editor.
3. Zemanta - Zemanta expands your blogging or email dashboard and provides relevant suggestions to the current text. It recommends images, links, related articles and tags related to the current text in a simple interface. It enables you to add these to your content with just a click. Zemanta supports Wodpress, Blogger, TypePad, Movable Type, Ning, Drupal, LiveJournal, Tumblr and email platforms Google Mail and Yahoo!Mail.
4. Apture - This is another must have add-on for bloggers. It enables you to add pictures and videos to your blog with just one click. While editing your blog post, you can easily use Apture to search for and embed relevant digital media related to your subject from over 50 sources on the Internet.
5. eLert Blog - With eLert Blog, you can post to your favorite social networks and blog platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, Blogger,.. all from one easy to use interface. It can monitor selected sites for updates and alerts the user if it finds any.
6. Easycomment - Easycomment fills out blog comment forms automatically. It works on almost all commenting platforms. It automatically fills in the appropriate fields and focuses on message box. You need not worry about filling in your personal details, all you have to do is compose the comment.
7. Copy As HTML Link - This is a simple but effective add-on. It creates an HTML link to the current page using the selected text and copies it into the clipboard for pasting into other applications. >
8. Amplify - This add-on lets you clip parts of articles and blog posts you read on the web, add your own take to it and autopost it directly to Twitter, Facebook, Ping.fm and more. All you need is a twitter or Facebook account to login. It also supports Google Reader.
9. Snap shots for Firefox - This add-on enables you to see the a preview image of whatever site a link points to. It also provides you a host of other features like inline previews of audio, video, map, products, profiles, RSS, Wikipedia summaries and much more.
10. ShareThis - ShareThis allows you to share anything on the web with with your friends on 45+ social sites in just a snap. In addition to this, you can also keep track of the top trending shares by sites and automatically save content to ShareBox.
Know any other add-ons that deserves a place in the list? Let us know.