Pixlr.com is one among the most popular online image editors. It has a very friendly user interface (UI) that looks very much like Photoshop. In fact, the first time you see Pixlr.com’s photo editor you will see a lot of similarities between the two, particularly if you look at the Toolbox, Adjustment menus, the layer features and the filters.
Pixlr lets you create images as well as edit photos from your computer or from the web. It provides you a lot of image editing options such as filters, layers, image adjustments, auto levels, brightness & contrast and more. Even though it is not as powerful as a good desktop photo editing tool like Photoshop, it surely does have some features that is quite useful for editing images quickly and adding nice effects in just a click of a button.
• Speed – The image editor loads in less then 5 seconds.
• User friendly – It has a very simple to use interface.
• Multiple Image Editing – Pixlr enables you to work on multiple pictures by opening them in separate windows.
• Maximize/Restore button – Just like a regular Windows application, you can maximize/restore the window you are working on.
Image editing tools
• Red Eye Reduction – Enables you to remove the red eye that appears in certain digital images.
• Color Replace – This tool enables you to replace the color of the image with the selected palette. It uses the center of the brush as a reference for the replace color
• Bloat and Pinch tools - The name itself indicates what this tool can do. It is really fun to use them on faces.
Pixlr image editor provides you with lots of filters to choose from. A few of them are:
• Old Photo
• Art Poster
• Heat Map
• Color Lookup
Pixlr provides you with a lot more features to help edit your images easily. Check it out for yourself @ pixlr.com