Sony has unveiled a mini notebook "The Vaio W Series Notebook", an eco-friendly laptop.. Chassis made of plastics containing about 20% recycled compact discs and the use of stylish re-usable carrying cases made from recycled plastic bottles is what makes this notebook eco-friendly..
While unveiling the notebook at the Consumer Electronics Show, Sony President Stan Glasgow said that "The W Series is so green that it doesn't have a printed manual". He also added that the company is lowering the power comsumption of the products and the greenhouse gas emissions...
The W series notebooks are considered as 'secondary' personal computers meaning these can be used for light tasks, internet browsing and online social networking,etc.. It cannot be used as a heavy usage machine..
Technical Specifications :
- High definition 10.1 inch LCD Screen
- 250GB data storage
- It has the latest Intel Atom processor N280, 1.66GHz
- 1GB RAM and integrated GMA 950 Graphics solution
- WiFi Bluetooth
- Motion eye cam
- Dimensions : 267.8x179.32.4 mm
- Weight : About 1.4 kg (including battery)
- Colours : Pink, White, Black/Silver